Plugins provide extended functionality not native to the browswer. Examples include PDF, Flash, Shockwave, Silverlight, and Java.
Anytime a plugin is used on a page, they must be tested for accessiblity.
Pro-tip: Flash always fails for accessibility but is often given an exception.
- Identify any plugins on the page.
- Identify a link to download each plugin.
- Plugin download links can be provided on a single page. Ensure this page is referenced on pages that require plugins.
- Check each plugin for accessibility.
- Most plugins have a VPAT availble on the manufactures website which lists its accessilbity findings.