- Color Oracle is another desktop application for simulating color impairment on your entire screen.
- Daltonize is a collection of bookmarklets that simulate the three most common forms of color impairment (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) on any web page.
- colourblind is another simulation tool similar to Daltonize, but with more options (protanopia, protanomaly, deuteranopia, deuteranomaly, tritanopia, tritanomaly, achromatopsia, and achromatomaly) in a single bookmarklet.
- postcss-colorblind is a CSS build tool that modifies colors in your CSS to simulate four common impairment groups.
These tools can be used to test sites for Section 508 and WCAG compliance in browser:
These tools can be used in automated tests and with continuous integration
tools to help you ensure that your sites remain accessible throughout the
- AccessLintCI runs accessibility tests in CircleCI builds and comments on GitHub pull requests with new accessibility issues. See more information on how to add this to an 18F site here.
- ra11y is a Ruby-based accessibility testing tool tuned for use with Jekyll and static sites.
- webalin is a Python-based 508 compliance linter for HTML.
There are many other npm packages tagged wcag and a11y.